You obviously hate overpaying for internet service as much as anyone else, but you might not realize that you don’t have to overpay quite as much as you probably are. Cable companies charge customers between $8 and $10 each month to rent a modem, but they almost never tell customers that they have the option to buy their own modem and eliminate that monthly fee. The NETGEAR CM400-1AZNAS Cable Modem works with Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, Optimum, and any other cable-based ISP, and it’s only $50 on Amazon. Set it up, activate it by following the instructions in the box, return your old rented modem to your ISP, and you’ll save up to $120 per year in fees. If you have a fast internet plan and need gigabit speeds, check out this model.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Support Cable Internet Service plans up to 100 Mbps. Separate router required for WiFi.
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port. DOCSIS 3.0 up to 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- ELIMINTE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES – Up to $120 per year
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more.
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.