Google announced the availability of the December 2019 security updates for older Pixel phones yesterday, but the Pixel 4 series was notably absent. Fortunately, the company has now revealed that the 2019 Pixel flagships will receive the update next week some time, while also detailing what to expect.
The company confirmed the upcoming rollout for Pixel 4 devices in a post on the Pixel Phone Community forum (h/t: 9to5Google), but also listed a series of fixes. There are seven Pixel 4-specific fixes and tweaks, and you can check them out below.
- Fix for static noise in Spotify
- Fix for background audio static in third-party camera apps
- Dark mode support in bootloader
- Fix for pairing issues with Garmin devices
- Fix for display flicker in various use cases
- Improved haptics vibration intensity in certain cases
- Fix for misaligned device orientation in certain cases
Otherwise, Google has also delivered two more Pixel 4 tweaks via the December update that apply to earlier Pixel phones as well. These are a fix for lost Bluetooth pairing information, and a fix for “Google Pay card display” in the power menu.
These aren’t the only Pixel 4 fixes coming though, as Google says the update “includes hundreds of various fixes and improvements across many areas including performance, stability, camera, display and face unlock.”
Several Pixel 3 and 3a users are reporting that the December 2019 update also brings Live Caption and the Pixel Themes functionality, among other additions. Have you received this update on your Pixel phone? Let us know in the comments!