As expected with every major motoring event this year, the Goodwood Festival of Speed has been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.
In its official announcement, the Festival of Speed says it will most likely take place either late summer or early autumn this year, and already purchased tickets or hospitality packages will remain valid for the new date.
The 2020 Goodwood Festival of Speed was supposed to take place between July 9 and July 12. The new dates will be announced in the coming weeks.
“Due to the uncertainty of the coronavirus threat and not knowing whether the situation will have significantly improved by then, we sadly need to postpone the Festival of Speed in July,” said the Duke of Richmond and owner of the Goodwood estate Charles Gordon-Lennox.
“These are dramatic and unbelievable times but they will pass and we are already trying to think about just how exciting it’s going to be to welcome you all back to Goodwood for what perhaps might be the ‘Greatest Event Ever’”.
The Goodwood estate will continue reviewing its plans for the Revival event, which so far is still planned to take place between September 11 and September 13. As for the already postponed 78th Members’ Meeting, the organizers are still reviewing potential dates and will host a livestream of selected races and demonstrations from Goodwood’s rich archive this weekend.
UK has so far reported 9,529 coronavirus cases and 465 deaths, with the country currently being under a strict lockdown order.