Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 series update hub! Here you’ll find all the newest information on software updates for Samsung’s latest flagship foldable phone. We’ll tell you the current software versions for the device and give you a heads up when new updates are rolling out.
You can expect the Galaxy Z Fold 3 to get at least three major Android updates, including Android 12, Android 13, and Android 14. Samsung also guarantees the Galaxy Z Fold 3 will receive at least four years of security updates.
- Current stable version: Android 12 with One UI 4
- When will the Galaxy Z Fold 3 get Android 13? December/January 2023 (estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 update
January 31, 2021: On the eve of the new month, Samsung is rolling out yet another update to the Galaxy Z Fold 3. Per SamMobile, it’s a big one, too, coming in at over 1.1GB. Along with “overall stability” improvements, firmware version F926BXXU1BVA9 includes a host of stock app updates, from Penup to Samsung Internet. There’s no sign of the February 2022 patch, however. Those updating to this new package will remain on the January 2022 version.
The update is currently rolling out across markets in Europe, Asia, and Africa. You can manually check for the update by tapping Settings > Software update.
- January 14, 2021: The Galaxy Z Fold 3 gained the January 2022 security update with firmware F926BXXS1BUL8. The update fixed more than 60 security issues issued by Samsung and Google.
- December 7, 2021: Samsung rolled out Android 12-based One UI 4 to the foldable. The patch’s rollout commenced in South Korea.
- November 4, 2021: Samsung rolled out the November 2021 update to Galaxy Z Fold 3 devices in South Korea and some global markets. Per SamMobile, the update packed firmware version F926BXXS1AUJB for those in Europe and F926NKSU1AUJ7 in South Korea. Despite the firmware naming discrepancies, both patches included the November security patch from Google and a host of additional security fixes from Samsung.
- October 21, 2021: An update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 rolled out across Europe bearing firmware version F926BXXU1AUJ7. The update included the October 2021 Android security patch, a list of Samsung-specific security patches, and a new portrait mode for pets feature.
- September 29, 2021: Firmware version F926USQU1AUI4 for carrier models and F926U1UEU1AUI4 for unlocked devices brought the September security patch, but little else.
- August 31, 2021: Samsung rolled out One UI 3.1.1 to the Galaxy Z Fold 3 as well as the rest of its foldable lineup. The new version of the software introduced a few new features, including an option to extend battery health. The setting allows Samsung users to limit the top-end charging on their device at 85% capacity. The update also improved the phone’s overall performance and is the last stop before the company rolls out the One UI 4 update based on Android 12.
Let us know which Galaxy Z Fold 3 update you’re rocking in the comments. Also, feel free to tip us if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed!