Another legendary is back in Pokemon Go for a limited time. The legendary steel Pokemon Registeel is appearing in five-star raid battles once again until Feb. 16, giving you another chance to catch one if you’ve previously missed it. Here are some tips to help you beat and capture Registeel before it leaves the game next week.
As its name suggests, Registeel is a pure steel-type Pokemon, which makes it vulnerable to fire, fighting and ground types. You’ll want to stack your team with Pokemon of those types when challenging the legendary.
Best Registeel counters
Here are some recommended Pokemon and moves to use against Registeel:
- Mega Charizard X/Y: Fire Spin, Blast Burn
- Moltres: Fire Spin, Overheat
- Magmortar: Fire Spin, Fire Punch
- Chandelure: Fire Spin, Overheat
- Reshiram: Fire Fang, Overheat
- Groudon: Mud Shot, Earthquake
- Rhyperior: Mud-Slap, Earthquake
- Garchomp: Mud Shot, Earth Power
- Golurk: Mud-Slap, Earth Power
- Landorus: Mud Shot, Earth Power
- Machamp: Counter, Dynamic Punch
- Heracross: Counter, Close Combat
- Breloom: Counter, Dynamic Punch
- Hariyama: Counter, Dynamic Punch
- Conkeldurr: Counter, Dynamic Punch
Best moves for Registeel
Like the other members of the Regi trio, Registeel is primarily a defensive Pokemon, although it can be a solid counter against ice and fairy types. If you’re planning on using the legendary offensively, you’ll want to teach it the Fast Attack Metal Claw and the Charged Attack Hyper Beam.
There’s a lot happening in Pokemon Go this month.takes place on Feb. 12, while the kicks off on Feb. 26. You can see everything else going on this month in our .